Skip to main content

Top 5 Things to Give Your Girl This Christmas...(If you are on a budget)

1. Flower in a Pot: Why give her a dead flower that will die in days? Give her a live Rose or any flower  that she can water and take care of. Other than being relatively less expensive that buying a bouquet from e.bechavez, studies says that a bit of gardening relieves stress. So no more PMS-ing, cranky mornings and frequent LQ-ing it will just be you and her gushing at how your "baby" flower has grown awwww. Think: That Crazy little thing called love movie when Nam was given a Rose plant by P'sone.

Costs: Php 0-Php 300

Where to buy: Baclaran, Lazada, Tagaytay, Actually there are a lot of small plant stores you can buy from I'm sure you have once passed by 1 or 2. You can also ask your friendly neighbor if you could get a branch or two of his Kalachuchi or a seed or 2 of his Sunflower.

Read more about it: 




2. Make Her a Song: Easier said than done since not everyone has the talent or knack for it. BUT if you can pull this off, this will not cost you a sinlge singkong duling. You might even be able to get her to say yes even if you are not proposing. ;) 

Costs: Php 0-Php 30 (If you want to bribe your "backup singers" with some merienda after your performance)

Read more about it:


3. Cook for Her: I had an ex once, and well we were both just students at that time so we don't have any money of our own but I remembered how I loved his random breakfast surprise complete with Ylang-ylang stolen from our friendly but totally clueless neighbor's house. It was nothing fancy but the gesture was beyond sweet. It would typically just consist of pancit canton, fried eggs and coffee if he has extra cash instead of Lucky me it would be Mi goreng. So, he would bring these to my room (with the permission of my mama of course) and It was always a pleasant surprise to wake up to the smell of food.
Costs: Lucky me pancit canton- Php 7.00
           Coffee: Php 7.00
           Egg: Php 6.00

Read more about it:



4. Stolen Photo: BUT I just want to emphasize, make sure that she looks gorgeous in this stolen shot. Got it? Not eating, no nose picking, no yawning or what not. The goal is to get her to feel her beauty is effortless and that you are in very much at awe with it....or to that effect, you know what I mean. Now go to Tronix, print it in the biggest size possible as long as it won't pixilate then put in a frame. Toss in a cheesy note like: "to my one and only goddess." and you are good to go awww.. 

Costs: It depends on what size you want your picture to be prices may be around Php 200.

Read more about it:


5. Books from Booksale: I myself am a frequent shopper at booksale. My favorites are 1. Old Magazines you can get one for as low as Php10.00 2. Archie comic books 3. Mandala books you can color.

They actually have a good and diverse selection of books so you will have a lot to choose from.

Read more about it:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maria's Edge Resort Review

Hindi nanaman ako makatulog! :) But it's a good thing dahil sa puyat minsan nangagaling ang motivation ko at oras ko to write (less sleep, more blogs ha?). Naubos na ng mga instik na tinuturuan ko kanina ang baon kong English kaya eto mag tatagalog na lang ako. 👌 Last May 27, 2017 na tuloy na din sa wakas ang aming family outing sa Maria's Edge Resort sa Los Baños Laguna. Sa pagkakaalam ko ung pinsan ko pa na nasa Saudi ang naka "discover" ng resort na ito at nung nakita namin ang pictures nya sa fb ( https://www.facebook.com/Marias-Edge-Resort-120277261424681/ )  kahit mas mura pa yung unang private resort na kinausap namin, ito na yung binook namin.  Location: Maria's Edge Resort is located in Jamaica Hills Los Banos Laguna. Malapit sa UPLB at along the highway lang kaya kung gusto mo pumunta sobrang accessible kahit wala kang private vehicle.  From Alabang sakay ka lang ng pa UP college na bus like St. Rose . Then, malalaman mo pag malapi

PayMaya Review: Please Read Before Using The App or Getting The Card

I feel nervous. This is definitely a very bad feeling to get especially when we are talking about money. Sabihin ko later kung bakit, later but first, a bit of a back story: So currently, I have this sideline of teaching online ESL. The company pays me through PayPal. Ngayon, hirap talaga ako na mag encash from PayPal to BPI. Ok sana sya kasi Php50 lang ang bayad yun lang ang tagal before ko makuha ang pera. The last time, it took 2 days before nag-reflect. Not sure why. Anyway. So I saw this on YouTube: OMG! It was magic! Money was transferred literally in SECONDS from PayPal to Paymaya! I don't have to wait. I hushed the small voice inside my head that said. "Php 250 ang transfer fee nyan hoy!" In my mind, I have an option in case I have an EMERGENCY and needed to get the cash ASAP.   Boy I was wrong! Let me remind you first that my account is activated, I have the physical card, I had it activated and updated-- the works! and yet i

ACADSOC online job

I have been with ACADSOC as a part time home based teacher for exactly a month and a half today and here are my thoughts about it: How do I feel about working here? The best thing about working in Acadsoc is the flexibility. Every week I plot my desired schedule. On Mondays, for example, I advise my TM (Team Manager) that I want to take Mondays-Fridays 7pm-11pm and take Saturdays and Sundays off.  And if I want to earn extra cash, I take Weekend classes too.  The next best thing that I like about Acadsoc is that it makes a great part time job. you can do it at home with minimal tool investments: you just need a laptop and a decent headset. I use Plantronics with a noise cancelling feature.   Lastly, It is fairly easy, teaching especially free talk feels like you are being paid to listen. Just be prepared with your list of open ended questions, sitback, relax and watch out for any grammar or pronunciation errors. Recap and give a few tips. How long do you teach each