Skip to main content

Work from Home Online Job Applications

Since i'm in dire need of some extra money, I decided to put my internet know how to the test and searched for online jobs.

What I am looking for is simple: 1. It may either be a weekend stint or something I can do for 2-3 hours after working hours. 2. Pays well. 

I stumbled upon 2 companies:

1. AcadSoc
2. 51 talk


AcadSoc

http://www.acadsoc.com/

Rate: 100-125Php/Hour

Pro's:
- They offer weekend work. Saturdays and Sundays 2pm-11pm
- The staff that will assist you are very friendly and flexible to work with. ( I have rescheduled interviews a number of times since I have work on weekdays)
- Application is easy enough, first you will be scheduled for an interview with HR, you will do some demo teaching, you will answer some situational questions and read some passages.
- The tools look very user friendly. 

Con's: 
- I cannot think of a CON yet. will let you know.


51 talk

http://mypage.51talk.com/mypage/phweb/page/index/

Rate: 110+ per hour

Pro's:
- It is quite popular with entry after entry on jobstreet and kalibrr. You can almost be 101% assured this one is legit.
-You will get a call right away for your initial assesment. I had my initial interview while in mcdonalds. and it took only about 10 mins to answer all the questions from HR.

Con's
-They are a snobbish in Skype. They take forever to reply to your messages and request for change in schedule.
-Probably due to the sheer volume of their applicants, they can no longer keep track of the people they are talking to. so you might need t introduce yourself and remind them of at what point you are in, in your application.

As I write this I am already in my final process to be a part time tutor in Acadsoc. I hope everything works out fine with the schedule and the tools I will use. Will update this blog from time to time especially when there are news regarding salaries and compensations. :) Wish me luck! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maria's Edge Resort Review

Hindi nanaman ako makatulog! :) But it's a good thing dahil sa puyat minsan nangagaling ang motivation ko at oras ko to write (less sleep, more blogs ha?). Naubos na ng mga instik na tinuturuan ko kanina ang baon kong English kaya eto mag tatagalog na lang ako. 👌 Last May 27, 2017 na tuloy na din sa wakas ang aming family outing sa Maria's Edge Resort sa Los Baños Laguna. Sa pagkakaalam ko ung pinsan ko pa na nasa Saudi ang naka "discover" ng resort na ito at nung nakita namin ang pictures nya sa fb ( https://www.facebook.com/Marias-Edge-Resort-120277261424681/ )  kahit mas mura pa yung unang private resort na kinausap namin, ito na yung binook namin.  Location: Maria's Edge Resort is located in Jamaica Hills Los Banos Laguna. Malapit sa UPLB at along the highway lang kaya kung gusto mo pumunta sobrang accessible kahit wala kang private vehicle.  From Alabang sakay ka lang ng pa UP college na bus like St. Rose . Then, malalaman mo pag malapi

PayMaya Review: Please Read Before Using The App or Getting The Card

I feel nervous. This is definitely a very bad feeling to get especially when we are talking about money. Sabihin ko later kung bakit, later but first, a bit of a back story: So currently, I have this sideline of teaching online ESL. The company pays me through PayPal. Ngayon, hirap talaga ako na mag encash from PayPal to BPI. Ok sana sya kasi Php50 lang ang bayad yun lang ang tagal before ko makuha ang pera. The last time, it took 2 days before nag-reflect. Not sure why. Anyway. So I saw this on YouTube: OMG! It was magic! Money was transferred literally in SECONDS from PayPal to Paymaya! I don't have to wait. I hushed the small voice inside my head that said. "Php 250 ang transfer fee nyan hoy!" In my mind, I have an option in case I have an EMERGENCY and needed to get the cash ASAP.   Boy I was wrong! Let me remind you first that my account is activated, I have the physical card, I had it activated and updated-- the works! and yet i

ACADSOC online job

I have been with ACADSOC as a part time home based teacher for exactly a month and a half today and here are my thoughts about it: How do I feel about working here? The best thing about working in Acadsoc is the flexibility. Every week I plot my desired schedule. On Mondays, for example, I advise my TM (Team Manager) that I want to take Mondays-Fridays 7pm-11pm and take Saturdays and Sundays off.  And if I want to earn extra cash, I take Weekend classes too.  The next best thing that I like about Acadsoc is that it makes a great part time job. you can do it at home with minimal tool investments: you just need a laptop and a decent headset. I use Plantronics with a noise cancelling feature.   Lastly, It is fairly easy, teaching especially free talk feels like you are being paid to listen. Just be prepared with your list of open ended questions, sitback, relax and watch out for any grammar or pronunciation errors. Recap and give a few tips. How long do you teach each